BS&F Board & Staff
Byron Schenkman & Friends is seeking our next Executive Director
Each year, Byron Schenkman & Friends (BS&F) presents a concert series with both in person and online opportunities. We are currently celebrating our 10th year of providing outstanding Chamber Music as part of a vibrant arts culture and community in one of America’s fastest growing cities. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for BS&F staff, programs, and execution of its mission. The ED works closely with the Artistic Director to support the development of the annual concert series and works closely with the incoming Board President to continue board growth and development and to ensure the financial health of the organization.
Leadership & Management
- Ensure ongoing local programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals.
- Actively engage and energize BS&F volunteers, board members, event committees, partnering organizations, and funders.
- Develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors; enhance cross-committee communication; seek and build board involvement with strategic direction for our ongoing on-site operations as well as for our online presence.
- Supervise Staff
- Enrich and expand our online presence including our website and Facebook pages.
- Ensure effective systems to track progress, and regularly evaluate program components, to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents.
Fundraising & Communications
- Expand local revenue-generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations.
- Oversee current grant applications while simultaneously seeking new grant opportunities, including grant reporting to funders.
- Oversee all aspects of marketing and advertising, from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand presence.
- Maintain a donor database and manage communications with donors including recognition and appreciation opportunities.
- Identify the musicians’ requirements and expectations for each event.
- Manage and support musicians’ needs before, during, and after each event. Liaise with vendors, exhibitors, and stakeholders during the event planning process to ensure everything is in order.
- Manage all event set-up, tear down, and follow-up processes.
- Maintain event budgets.
- Hire and establish relationships with venues, musicians, photographers, sound professionals and any other event support.
BS&F is a mission driven organization. An Executive Director candidate must we fully engaged in our mission and support our values.
Specific requirements for this position include:
- Organizational management skills with the ability to motivate volunteers and donors, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
- Ability to work effectively with a Board of Directors and to cultivate new board members
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Action-oriented and adaptable
- Dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of the organization.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
- Understanding of the creative artistic process
- A basic understanding of music culture and practice. Formal musical training and prior professional experience in music are not required.
This position is part-time – 30 hours per week with annual compensation set at $50,000. Employment will commence on July 1, 2023. Up to six weeks of paid training prior to July 1, 2023, is offered – date and time to be determined.