BS&F Board & Staff
Byron Schenkman & Friends seeks a Marketing & Operations Assistant
Half-time position for a digital savvy emerging arts administrator
Byron Schenkman & Friends presents artistically excellent Baroque and Classical chamber music to audiences in Seattle and beyond through lively and engaging concerts and recordings.
This position will focus on developing an inclusive audience via social media presence and provide support to the General Manager as needed.
- Develop and implement social media marketing strategies suitable for native platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Reddit.
- Support possible livestreaming efforts
- Increase attendance by exploring and creating new audience opportunities
- Build on already established relationships
- Provide backup support at concerts
- Provide clerical support as needed
To accomplish these goals:
- Develop, monitor, and enrich social media accounts and activity
- Moderate and encourage online community interaction
- Engage in outreach to different segments of the greater Seattle community
- Generate ideas and plans for group and single ticket sales (when possible)
- Sell ads for BS&F program, track artwork, and payment receipt
- Track publicity for series promotion, both bought and traded – artwork deadlines and payments
- Draft various publicity materials
- Learn about the Seattle classical music scene
- Attend concerts and engage with the audience
- Regular in person meetings with General Manager (GM) & Artistic Director (AD)
Essential Skills, Traits, & Characteristics
Knowledge of and high comfort level with social media marketing: MailChimp, WordPress, and online advertising
Strategic planning skills
Knowledge of standard office productivity tools (word processing & spreadsheet)
Outgoing, enthusiastic, relationship-based people person
Good writing skills
Desired Skills, Traits, & Characteristics
Help with Harpsichord transport
Hours & Pay
Part time position with variable hours averaging twenty hours/week. Per hour pay range from $15 to $21 per hour depending on skills and experience. There will be a 90-day evaluation and review.
Work from home/own office. Meetings with GM weekly at a mutually agreed upon location or by video chat. Monthly meetings with GM and AD in the Capitol Hill area or by video chat.
Send cover letter and resume to
Margy Crosby, General Manager
Byron Schenkman & Friends
BS&F is committed to inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility and building a diverse staff. We encourage candidates of color to apply.
Be prepared to send a list of references.
The position will remain open until filled, with a preferred start date in early July 2020.